Another week, another episode of TJR's favorite weekly podcast, The SharpShooter Cast! This is episode 41, and thanks to a very good Extreme Rules, a big one.
This week, we split our time between Extreme Rules and the following Monday Night Raw. Clearly, one was better than the other (listen to find out which!), but both were noteworthy for a variety of reasons. Extreme Rules also represents WWE's second attempt at streaming a "Special Event" on the Network. And in our experience, watching on the Xbox One, things went swimmingly. Hey, maybe Michael Cole's sell of the WWE Network last night - "It's just like Netflix! But Better." - isn't as ridiculous as it sounds.
A couple of notes before we dive into the episode: we forgot to mention Wade Barrett's cool tribute to Mick Foley in his match with Big E on Raw. While Big E was laying ringside, Barrett yelled "BANG BANG!" and delivered an elbow drop from the ring apron. Cactus Jack fans should love that, and it's worth a look if you didn't catch Raw.
Also, a big thank you to everyone who wished me congratulations after last week's engagement announcement. I received several emails, and I really appreciate the well wishes. Although the podcast is often us talking at you, it still feels like this great community of wrestling fans that we get to hang out with every week. You guys and gals are awesome.
Anyway, on to the show!
This week's episode covers:
- Can Chris Benoit's son have a career in pro wrestling?
- Who do we prefer: Kurt Angle or Mick Foley?
- Listener Questions: 1) Who would we book in a dream Elimination Chamber match? 2) Who do we think will feud with Daniel Bryan after Kane?
- Our thoughts on the news that Batista will be leaving WWE early?
- A Review of WWE's Extreme Rules.
- John Cena vs Bray Wyatt was an overbooked mess.
- WeeLC far surpasses expectations.
- WWE makes fun of Putin and then pays tribute to Special Olympics = Awesome.
- Who is the most offensive WWE character: Kamala, Eugene, or Crime Time.
- Evolution vs The Shield was perfect.
- Bryan vs Kane delivers something delightfully different.
- A Review of the 5/5/14 episode of Raw.
- Sheamus captures the US Title.
- Daniel Bryan unfortunately involved in a cheesy storyline.
- Adam Rose makes his debut.
- Shield vs the Wyatt's delivers.
- Final Raw scores.
If you're interested in listening to more episodes, visit our little corner in the iTunes Store. Be sure to leave us a rating! Or, you can always click "More" on the above player, and listen to our entire catalog. Pretty handy.
Finally, if you're like me and have a favorite app not made by Apple to play your podcasts (I love me some DOWNCAST for my iPhone, and iPP Podcast Player for my Android Tablet), here's the RSS Feed for your convenience: http://sharpshootercast.libsyn.com/rss
Let us know your thoughts on this week's show. Did you have the same high opinion as us on Extreme Rules? And did you watch on the WWE Network? Also, who do you prefer: Mick Foley or Kurt Angle? It was a tough question that we disagreed on during the show.
Thanks again for listening, and we look forward to talking with you again next week!