Welcome everyone to episode 22 of The SharpShooter Cast! This week is a little different than normal. Instead of reviewing Raw, we're reviewing WWE's Tables, Ladders, and Chairs pay-per-view. Because say what you will about the quality of the show itself... it was kind of a big deal.
TLC was a big deal because of its main event - John Cena vs Randy Orton for a unified championship. Was this the right PPV to feature such a large match? Probably not, but that didn't make TLC any less significant.
Besides the unification of the WWE and World Heavyweight Titles, last night featured a few fantastic matches, such as CM Punk vs The Shield, Daniel Bryan vs the Wyatts, and AJ Lee vs Natalya. So without further delay, let's dive deep into last night's big event!
This week's episode covers:
- Aaron gets a ticket and proceeds to rant about highway patrol.
- A review and analysis of the 2013 TLC PPV.
- CM Punk defeats The Shield.
- AJ Lee vs Natalya is what Divas wrestling SHOULD be.
- Thoughts on the importance of the IC Title, and Big E Langston's progress as champ.
- Ziggler is getting screwed, and we're tired of it!!
- Aaron actually believes Brodus Clay will be important in the near future.
- The Wyatts defeat Daniel Bryan.
- Bray Wyatt is a hall of famer in the making.
- The Rhodes continue to impress.
- Randy Orton defeats John Cena in a good, not great main event.
- Reasons to be disappointed with the show.
- Final scores for TLC 2013.
- Tom trolls it up on Twitter.
Here's the STREAM:
Here's the Direct Download. (right click and "Save link as")
If you're interested in listening to more episodes, visit our little corner in the iTunes Store. Be sure to leave us a rating! Or, you can always click "More" on the above player, and listen to our entire catalog. Pretty handy.
Finally, if you're like me and have a favorite app not made by Apple to play your podcasts (I love me some DOWNCAST for my iPhone, and iPP Podcast Player for my Android Tablet), here's the RSS Feed for your convenience: http://sharpshootercast.libsyn.com/rss
So what did you think of this year's TLC? Did it live up to your expectations? And are you satisfied now that Randy Orton is the lone WWE World Heavyweight Champion? Let us know in the comments!