Welcome to the 35th episode of The SharpShooter Cast!
Although we found Raw to be a bit lacking this week, there's still plenty to talk about on this week's podcast. Things are heating up for WrestleMania 30, and WWE is carefully wrapping up major storylines and finalizing the card. On Raw alone, WWE confirmed a Divas title match - the Vicki Guerrero Invitational (just a bit less prestigious than the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, in our opinion), and a six man tag match between Kane, the New Age Outlaws, and The Shield. One of those is certain to be awesome! The other... not so much. We'll leave it to you to guess which is which.
Also this week, WWE shamelessly plugged their new Scooby-Doo movie, as well as kissed up to action movie legend Arnold Schwarzenegger. While Raw "guest host(s)" can occasionally be fun, you really have to question why precious WrestleMania hype time was given to a random action movie and a cartoon dog.
Still, Raw was entertaining, and we're really digging plenty of WWE's younger stars. Learn our complete thoughts on Raw in this week's episode.
This week's show covers:
- Aaron tries way too hard.
- A couple of adrenaline junkies.
- WWE Network Flashback: Bash at the Beach 2000 and SummerSlam 1997.
- Busted brackets.
- Review and analysis of the 3/24/14 episode of WWE Monday Night Raw.
- Batista continues to flail on microphone.
- Triple H excels in segment with Michael Cole.
- IC Title #1 contender match delivers the goods.
- The Shield steals the show once again.
- Superhero movie talk - Ben Affleck sucks.
- New Hall of Fame inductee: Scott Hall.
- The Vicki Guerrero Invitational - Will AJ leave WrestleMania with the title?
- Twatter and Reddit AMA - Jim Cornette.
- Brock Lesnar and Undertaker confrontation under delivers.
- Bray Wyatt vs John Cena has us hyped!
- Arnold outperforms Scooby-Doo.
- Final Raw scores.
- Listener Questions: Does Triple H deserve credit for elevating Daniel Bryan? And what's the point of having Brock Lesnar in WWE if he loses half his matches?
Here's a STREAM of the show:
And here's the Direct Download! (Right click and "Save Link As")
If you're interested in listening to more episodes, visit our little corner in the iTunes Store. Be sure to leave us a rating! Or, you can always click "More" on the above player, and listen to our entire catalog. Pretty handy.
Finally, if you're like me and have a favorite app not made by Apple to play your podcasts (I love me some DOWNCAST for my iPhone, and iPP Podcast Player for my Android Tablet), here's the RSS Feed for your convenience: http://sharpshootercast.libsyn.com/rss
Thank for listening to this week's show, and let us know your thoughts in the comments! Does Triple H deserve credit for building up Daniel Bryan? And for that matter, were you angry/disappointed that Bryan was absent from Raw? Also, is Brock Lesnar being used properly? As always, we appreciate all feedback, and love bringing up your questions and comments on the air.
Looking forward to another show next week!