Welcome to a special episode of The SharpShooter Cast. Typically, we discuss Raw or recent Pay Per Views. And while we do cover Raw this week, the MAJOR focus of this episode is on The Ultimate Warrior's shocking death last week. You've read about him plenty over the past week, and that's because of his impact on many of the writers here. We all grew up with The Warrior, and in our way, want to pay tribute to the man.
Although we have long held mixed feelings towards Jim Hellwig, his passing was devastating, and take time this week to discuss his life, legacy, and wrestling career. If you missed my thoughts in last week's Thursday News Update, here's what I had to say about the man:
Regardless of your feelings towards Jim Hellwig (many of which are mixed), it’s impossible not to feel for his family. Clearly he was a beloved father and husband, and it’s beautiful that he was able to have one last moment with his millions of fans. Warrior was able to tell his side of the story and give his unique brand of promo within the last week. He got to have the final word in the saga of the Ultimate Warrior - a story that hasn’t always been fair to him.
We also discuss how his death has been portrayed in the mainstream media, and whether or not he has been exploited.
So yep, heavy stuff this week. Still, we think this is our best episode yet, and hope you enjoy our conversation. Give it a listen.
This week's episode covers:
- Healthy eating.
- Marty Jannetty discovers he has a long lost daughter.
- The Ultimate Warrior's untimely death.
- Problems with the way the media (Nancy Grace) exploited Jim Hellwig.
- A review and analysis of the 4/14/14 episode of Raw.
- WWE's tribute to Ultimate Warrior.
- Remembering Owen Hart's tribute night.
- Tom gives mad respect to Triple H.
- Screwed - The Bret Hart Story.
- Aaron apologizes for comments about Paige.
- A Raw without Daniel Bryan?
- The IC Title #1 contender tournament.
- We're ready for Adam Rose and Bo Dallas.
- The return of Evolution.
- Should we care about the return of "monster" Kane?
- Final Raw Grades.
- Listener question: Who will win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship first? Bray Wyatt, Cesaro, or Roman Reigns?
Here's a STREAM of the show:
And here's the Direct Download! (Right click and "Save Link As")
If you're interested in listening to more episodes, visit our little corner in the iTunes Store. Be sure to leave us a rating! Or, you can always click "More" on the above player, and listen to our entire catalog. Pretty handy.
Finally, if you're like me and have a favorite app not made by Apple to play your podcasts (I love me some DOWNCAST for my iPhone, and iPP Podcast Player for my Android Tablet), here's the RSS Feed for your convenience: http://sharpshootercast.libsyn.com/rss
Thanks everyone for listening! What did you think of this week's show? Did the WWE do Ultimate Warrior right with their Raw tribute(s)? Are you as upset with Nancy Grace as we are? And how about Joe's question: who do you think will win a WWE World Championship first - Cesaro, Bray Wyatt, or Roman Reigns? Thanks guys!