SharpShooter Cast: WWE Elimination Chamber Hard Sell
Welcome, everyone, to the 30th episode of The SharpShooter Cast! We remain TJR Wrestling's only weekly podcast... Except we missed last week... Which we apologize for. We'll get into WHY we missed last week on the podcast itself.
While this week's episode obviously focuses on the Raw before the Elimination Chamber, we just as easily titled this episode "The Jonathan Martin vs Richie Incognito Episode." I know a lot of people don't like when we talk about issues outside of wrestling (just skip to twenty minutes in this week), but we felt it was impossible to ignore such a big issue happening in sports right now.
The Martin vs Incognito issue also relates very much to the Be A Star campaign, of which WWE is very involved in. In this week's episode, Aaron and I argue over what is and what isn't appropriate among grown men. And whether or not bullying can affect everyone. WARNING: Explicit language is used in this discussion.
Along with that very serious issue, we talk about the Elimination Chamber hard sell, whether or not Randy Orton is simply spinning his wheels in the WWE right now, and the impressiveness of Antonio Cesaro. It's a great episode, and we hope you all enjoy!
This episode covers:
- Is Aaron a sexist?
- Why The SharpShooter Cast missed last week.
- Johnathan Martin vs Richie Incognito.
- Is the Martin/Incognito situation black & white?
- Discussion on bullying.
- Review and analysis of the Elimination Chamber go home episode of Raw.
- Scores for Raw.
- Thoughts on Sheamus as a CM Punk replacement.
- Who in the locker room can step up in Punk's absence?
- Thoughts on Antonio Cesaro's progression.
- Tom and Aaron's experience at a recent WWE house show.
- Disagreement over whether or not Randy Orton is phoning it in.
- Did Raw do a good job of convincing fans to buy Elimination Chamber?
- Listener Question: Had WCW never released Steve Austin, how would the Attitude Era have been different?
Here's the STREAM:
And here's the Direct Download! (Right click and "Save Link As")
If you're interested in listening to more episodes, visit our little corner in the iTunes Store. Be sure to leave us a rating! Or, you can always click "More" on the above player, and listen to our entire catalog. Pretty handy.
Finally, if you're like me and have a favorite app not made by Apple to play your podcasts (I love me some DOWNCAST for my iPhone, and iPP Podcast Player for my Android Tablet), here's the RSS Feed for your convenience: http://sharpshootercast.libsyn.com/rss
Thanks for listening, and one more time - we apologize for not getting an episode done last week. But it's full steam ahead from here on out.
Let us know your thoughts on this week's episode! Did Raw do enough to convince you to order the Elimination Chamber? Or are you just waiting to get the WWE Network before paying for a PPV? And what are you thoughts on the Jonathan Martin/Richie Incognito issue. Is there ever a time when bullying is acceptable as "locker room behavior"?
Can't wait to have a discussion with you all in the comments!