On Tuesday night we had our monthly TJR Wrestling Radio show that is hosted by Matt Seagull, The Ace and myself, John Canton. We started doing the show three years ago this month and this was our 49th episode. It's a monthly show that we do following every WWE PPV. We might go back to doing it twice per month, but for now we're happy with the monthly format.
We always try to have a guest on and this month we were joined by Dave Richard of CBSSports.com, who writes about the NFL with a focus on fantasy football. He's also a lifelong wrestling fan that still watched the business today even though he's busy writing, doing podcasts and videos for CBS. Be sure to check out the CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Today Podcast, which is one of the top ranked sports podcasts on iTunes. They do multiple shows per week including daily during the football season. It was great to have him on the show for about 35 minutes at the start of the show.
This month's episode went 1 hour and 40 minutes. Here's a rundown of what was discussed on the podcast.
- Dave had some really nice things to say about this website and The Raw Deal, which was so awesome to hear. It would be wrong of me to not put that over!
- Dave discussed how he met Jake Roberts and Diamond Dallas Page. He actually did NFL picks last year against Roberts, so he told some cool stories about how that happened.
- We talked about some current things that Dave likes in the wrestling business with much of the praise going to WWE for the way they are pushing the younger wrestlers.
- We spent about 10-15 minutes talking about the NFL. Dave gave his thoughts on some rising stars like Cordarrelle Patterson, Toby Gerhart and if we should be worried about Adrian Peterson this year. Also a discussion about some sleepers you may want to target in your fantasy drafts.
- After Dave left, we got into more WWE stuff including a discussion about John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam and how we feel about that whole thing.
- When discussing Battleground we all agreed that it felt more like a three hour Raw instead of a PPV that was supposed to feel special.
- There was a discussion about the two diva feuds going on with Stephanie McMahon against the Bella Twins and Paige turning heel in her feud with AJ Lee.
- The Rusev storyline with Jack Swagger has been a hot topic, so we weighed in on that as well.
- We also discussed the new stable that is forming with Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, Big E and if Mark Henry might be joining them in the near future.
- The show ended with some questions from my Facebook page that covered a wide variety of topics.
Here's how you can listen to the show.
I've embedded it below so you can hit play right there.
You can also go to our show page right here to play it online off that site, download the file to your computer/device to listen to at your own convenience or you can get it on iTunes as well using that link or search for "Macho Men Radio" and you should be able to find it.
It was a really fun show to do like usual. While I love writing all the time, it's great to just talk about wrestling on a monthly basis. Whether we do shows more often going forward, I don't know yet. It's a time thing. For now we'll stick the monthly format and come back again on Tuesday August 19 for a show following WWE SummerSlam, which should give us a lot to discuss.
Thanks to Dave Richard for joining us. Remember to check out the CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Today Podcast, which is one of the top ranked sports podcasts on iTunes. They do multiple shows per week including daily during the football season.
Thank you for all your support of our radio show and all of our content here on TJRWrestling.