Welcome everyone to episode 29 of the SharpShooter Cast. As always, we are TJR Wrestling's first and only weekly podcast. And boy oh boy do we have a special show for you today.
Last week was a historical one for professional wrestling. Not only did Daniel Bryan's absense from the Royal Rumble match receive international attention, but the following night on Raw, CM Punk reportedly walked out on the WWE. Perhaps most importantly, yet receiving the least amount of attention, the WWE's exclusive negotiation rights with NBC over their television deal has ended, meaning the WWE is free to shop Raw and Smackdown to other networks.
Now, as the road to WrestleMania begins, and just a few weeks before the WWE Network launches, the WWE is more noteworthy than ever before.
If you've listened to our show before, thanks for coming back! If you're new, typically we like to analyze and review Raw. But this week we need a little help covering all of the big stories I mentioned. So we brought in TJR's Editor in Chief to help us out. We hope you enjoy this special episode.
This episode covers:
- Super Bowl 48 Predictions.
- Listener Question: Who do we think will win the WWE World Heavyweight Title first: Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns?
- Interview with John Canton.
- One of the biggest week's in professional wrestling history.
- How historical was CM Punk's walkout?
- Is CM Punk leaving money on the table by leaving before WrestleMania?
- How long until Punk is back in the WWE?
- Possible changes to the WrestleMania 30 card due to Bryan's popularity.
- Is Batista better suited as a heel?
- Will WWE work out a last minute TV deal with NBC, or shop Raw and Smackdown around?
- Did the WWE intentionally hold their Network back based on their tv deal expiring?
- John plans his WrestleMania trip.
You can listen to a stream of the episode here:
And here's the Direct Download! (Right click and "Save Link As")
If you're interested in listening to more episodes, visit our little corner in the iTunes Store. Be sure to leave us a rating! Or, you can always click "More" on the above player, and listen to our entire catalog. Pretty handy.
Finally, if you're like me and have a favorite app not made by Apple to play your podcasts (I love me some DOWNCAST for my iPhone, and iPP Podcast Player for my Android Tablet), here's the RSS Feed for your convenience: http://sharpshootercast.libsyn.com/rss
Let us know what you thought of this week's show in the comments section. Who will win the WWE World Heavyweight Title first, Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns? And do you think CM Punk is right or wrong for leaving the WWE as the Road to WrestleMania begins?
As always, a big thank you to everyone who supports the show. Thanks to John for making it on, and to the_MC for the question! Hope to see everyone next week for another milestone show in Episode 30!